Jamie Lee Quickert (Product Lead, Event Diagramming Suite, Cvent)
Date: Tuesday, March 28
Time: 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Pass Type: All Access, CS Conference Pass, CS Premium Pass, Combined CS/TSE Education Pass
Track : CS-Business & Professional Development
Vault Recording: TBD
Jamie Quickert is not only known for her career in the events industry but also known for being a fashionista in her own right. As the former owner of a consignment boutique and owner of Style By James, a personal styling service, she regularly works with event professionals to help them find their personal style and boost their confidence.
If Cinderella’s fairy godmother taught us anything, it’s the value of dressing for the role you want and not for the role you have.
Your clothes, your mannerisms, and overall presentation communicate volumes about you as a person and your brand. The question is not whether you care about fashion, it's more about what you're communicating intentionally or unconsciously through your choices. Just as the actor in the right costume moves and speaks differently, so does the everyday person. Your clothes not only affect your productivity and overall confidence, but scientists at Northwestern University found that the clothes you wear can change the way you think.
In this fun and interactive class you will Jamie will cover the following:
• Highlight the idea of personal branding and the importance of defining a personal and professional brand.
• Outline the importance of choosing the right look for the right job
• Evaluate and spot small details that may undermine your professional image.
• Discuss capsule wardrobes
• In depth look at how to navigate thrift and consignment shopping in store, how to make the most of sales and discount stores, and when to save up for those higher quality items.
• How to care for the clothes after you buy them and tips on creating outfits.
• Real time examples of personal style and styling tips.